How does the jury work at Ink n Art Events
Our Jury Members determine / judge through a system with 'Tokens' based on: Design-Composition-Colour/Contrast-Quality. In short, the person with the most 'Tokens' is the winner of the category/contest.
• Blackwork : all styles blackcolor (ornamental style,mandala, lace, curly tribal or filligree) and Black & Gray tattoos with a maximum of 15% colors.
• Color : Tattoo with or without outlines blended colors allowed.
• Realistic : Realistic tattoo with or without outlines blended colors.
• Old School: Old school (tattoo) refers to a Western or traditional American tattoo style featuring bold black outlines and a limited color palette. This limited color palette typically included yellow, red, green and black. Purple Blue Brown.
• New school : is a tattooing style originating as early as the 1970s and influenced by some features of old school tattooing in the United States. The style is often characterized by the use of heavy outlines, vivid colors, and exaggerated depictions of the subject. New school also represents a transition towards openness in the sharing of techniques in tattooing.
• Freehand: All styles and colors allowed. Hand drawn design right on the skin.. No transfer allowed.
• Halloween / Horror: All styles and colors allowed design Halloween or Horror based.
• Oriental: asian traditional style, bold outlines, unlimited colors.
• Traditional : tattoos without tattoo machine. (tebori, hand tapping, hand poke).
• Neo Traditional : American Traditional values, blended with touches of New School, Art Nueavo, and or realism.
• Portrait: Photo realism , must be a face expression of a human or animal.
• Ornamental: Done in any ornamental style, for example mandala, lace, curly tribal or filligree.
• Best of Day: All winners from all categories for Saturday or Sunday.
• Best of Show: Between winners of best of Day Saturday and Sunday.
- Best NEW TALENT TATTOO (Artist with a maximum of 1 year work experience. Customer and artist must both be present at the contest.)
- Best JUNIOR TATTOO (Artist with a maximum of 3 years of work experience. Customer and artist must both be present at the contest.
How does it work?
• Register a maximum of 5 pieces per artist.
• Tattoos must be done for at least 30% during the convention or have been worked on for at least 4 hours, except for the Non-Fresh tattoos, in order to participate in the contests.
• Artist and customer with the tattoo must be present. 5 jury members determined/judges by means of a system with 'tokens' based on Design-Composition-Placement-Colour/Contrast-Quality. No costs for participating in this contest!